pro Fit is an application for scientific data and function analysis on macOS. A quick summary of its main capabilities:
- Combination of an easy learning curve and of powerful capabilities for advanced users.
- Graphs of functions and data with deep point-and-click editability.
- A full drawing editor for creating high-quality graphs and plots for presentations and publication.
- Instant previews of data and functions
- Spreadsheets for storing and manipulating data of arbitrary size.
- Extensive, flexible nonlinear regression and curve fitting capabilities.
- Custom functions for plotting and analysis, defined using Python (or a simple Pascal-like language)
- Complex custom-defined functions can also be created in an external compiler by compiling them as plug-ins and importing them into pro Fit.
- Script repetitive tasks using Apple Script, Python, or Pascal.
- Use automatic recording of commands to create scripts that control what pro Fit does. Record and define scripts using Apple Script, Python, or Pascal.
- Extensive online help.
- Extensive metadata support in pro Fit documents. Ability to categorize them using smart folders or to find them through Spotlight.
- Several other numerical tools.
For a more complete list, see here.